Monday, July 1, 2013

Reasons to start this blog

I am not sure what to write in the first blog entry when you start a blog. You see, I am doing this for the first time. If I ever create another blog, may be, I will have the required experience to write something different.

I had been thinking to start writing a technical blog on Data Communication domain focusing on IP routing and switching, IP Multicast and what it takes to develop routers/switches. This has been in my mind for quiet some time now (around couple of years to give you some clue :( ). I hope I am not too late.

During a discussion last week, one of my colleague mentioned that people who take actions only succeeds. So here I am. Writing first entry for my blog.

I was thinking about the reasons why I would like to start a blog when some similar blogs are already there. So here are the list of reasons:
  1. Its being written by me. So anyway there is a difference.
  2. I think that using this blog, I can help myself and others who are trying to figure out things in Data Communication domain. I will come back and check on this in a year time.
  3. While I can get opinion from some people on some topics but I thought a blog may be the best way to put my views about various technology topics. I think this medium will also help me find are others who have some say on the same.
  4. I think I can use this to connect-in people with similar background, experience.
  5. Last but not the least, it will help in improving my english writing capabilities and presentation skills as well.
I am sure I will figure out whether I am able to achieve what I set out to in couple of months time. Till then, please help me by commenting, sharing and criticizing my posts as much as you can.

Please say 'Best of luck Bharat'.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Bharat,

    All my best wishes for your blogging venture!!

    I'm sure readers would be the real beneficiaries of your expertise through this blog.

    Keep it going!

    Best Regards,
    Dhawal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dhawal,

      Thanks a lot. With wishes like yours, I am sure I will do my best.

      Regards,
      Bharat

      Delete